Author: Nick Marsden
Traditional Sweets & Chocolate Quiz
So, obviously we can't see into your front room, so we rely on you not to cheat and take this quiz very seriously!!!
Pen and paper ready, off you go!
- What chocolate bar was advertised as during World War II as giving war time volunteers ‘two hours of endurance capacity’?
- Which bar was advertised in 1936 with the slogan ‘Don’t be angry, have a bar of chocolate’?
- Chocolate Dragees was the original name for what popular confectionary drops?
- What did a Mars a day help you do?
- What was advertised as ‘Full of Eastern Promise?’
- What should you do with a Penguin?
- Snickers were originally called what?
- ‘Sure is a mighty chew’ was the marketing line for a bar named after the resident of an American state?
- Who should you thank if it’s Friday?
- If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit what should you do?
- What bar has a hazelnut in every bite?
- What is Lighter than ordinary chocolate ?
- What was the original name for Starbursts?
- Which bar can you take it easy with?
- Which chunky bar was marketed with the controversial line ‘It’s not for girls!’
Got your answers nicelly written down? Perfect!
Since we don't want to tease you any longer, here are the answers:
- Chocolate Crisp – forerunner of Kit Kat
- Work, rest and play
- Fry’s Turkish Delight
- P-p-pick up a Penguin
- Join our Club
- Opal Fruits
- Cadbury’s Caramel
- Yorkie Bar
How many did you get right? All of them? Half? Why not share your results with us - tweet us or let us know on facebook.
And if you have a burning chocolate or sweets question, just post it in the comments below and I'll try to find the answer for you!