COURSE DATES AVAILABILITY FOR 2023/2024 (can be booked for any chocolate or traditional sweet making course on a first come, first served basis for one-to-one lessons or small groups for up to three people). I usually run my courses on Thursdays and Saturdays.
9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25 November 2023
21, 23 December 2023
4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20 January 2024
15, 17, 22, 24, 29 February 2024
2, 7, 9 March 2024
TIME: 10-4 pm (can be flexible)
COST: £295 for one to one session, £395 for 2 people (£197.5 each)
GROUP SIZE: 1-2 students
SKILL LEVEL: Suitable for all
LOCATION: Bexleyheath, Kent – South East London borders
HOW TO BOOK
- Get in touch with your prefered dates and starting time and how many people you’d like to book for
- We’ll find a mutually suitable date
- Payment is by card or via bank transfer (details will be included in the confirmation e-mail)
Do you have a real passion for chocolate and want to share it with others? Are you thinking of setting up a chocolate making business and are not quite sure where to start? This chocolate making business course is the perfect starting point. The course is run on one to one basis or in small groups to allow for interaction and to give you space to explore your own chocolate business ideas and to ask all the questions you might have.
What’s covered and what you will learn:
- The Chocolate Business
- How to choose your chocolate & other ingredients
- How to create your signature chocolate products to stay ahead of competition
- How to scale up your chocolate production
- Labeling requirements
- Ingredients & sourcing
- Packaging including sending chocolate by the post
- Starting up a Chocolate Making Business
- How to find your niche and what to focus on
- Deciding on your business name
- Legal requirements
- Equipment – what’s necessary and what can be on your wish list
- Running your Chocolate Making Business
- Pricing, costing and charging
- Promoting your new chocolate business – what works and what doesn’t
- Online marketing – websites, social media and what to focus on
- Finances, budgeting, Invoicing
- How to approach wholesale orders
- How to create a Business Plan
- Useful chocolate resources (suppliers, websites, books)
This chocolate making business course focuses on the practical set up of your chocolate making business from home. Although we will not be making any chocolate, you will be able to taste and explore all the raw chocolate we use and our final chocolate products. You will also have the opportunity to see all our equipment and ingredients to help you to decide what to purchase yourself.
If you are completely new to chocolate making, we have other courses that focus just on ‘hands-on’ chocolate making.
Our chocolate making business courses are exclusively run by Magdalena Marsden who established her business in 2011 following a life long passion with chocolate. Magdalena’s work background and experience (Managing Director and Operation’s Director) helped her to set up, now very succesful chocolate making business.
Our workshops are deliberately run in small groups to allow you to get the most of your day, ask as many questions as you like.
- whole day course (10-4 pm)
- All refreshments (please bring your own lunch)
- Course Resource Pack (includes recipes, practical business information, on-line resources, accounts spreadsheets and book, business plan template, start up budget spread sheet and other helpful resources already done for you)
- Business Coaching – one joint follow up session (60 min) via Skype and e-mail follow up after the session. This session is best booked within 3-6 months (or when you feel you need an extra help with your new adventure). Further follow up session are available at extra cost.