COURSE DATES 2022: Book your own date (just e-mail me with your availability to book)
TIME: 10 – 4 pm (or you choose)
COST: £245 per person or £195 per person when booked for a group of 2 people or £175 per person when booked as a group of 3 students
GROUP SIZE: 1-3 students
SKILL LEVEL: Suitable for all
LOCATION: Bexleyheath, South London – Kent Borders
HOW TO BOOK:
- Get in touch with your prefered dates and starting time and how many people you’d like to book for or use the booking form below.
- Payment is by card or via bank transfer (details will be included in the confirmation e-mail)
For all chocolate lovers out there and those who want to spend a whole day learning about their favourite subject – chocolate!
During this Chocolate Making Course we will cover the basic and more advanced chocolate making techniques, including chocolate tempering, using professional chocolate moulds and creating your own chocolate truffles, 3D chocolate shapes and delicious chocolate bars.
Our chocolate making workshops are run in small groups to ensure plenty of one to one support from your tutor – Magdalena Marsden.
This chocolate making course is like a mini chocolatier course and is a good introduction to start experimenting with chocolate and explore what is like to be a chocolatier on a small scale.
What your will learn on the day
- How to temper chocolate in small batches using several techniques, including tempering on marble slab and seeding method
- Use the tempered chocolate to create various chocolate treats – such as chocolate truffles, bars, solid chocolate figures, hollow chocolate figures, lollipops or medions.
- Learn how to use professional chocolate moulds
- How to flavour and colour chocolate
- How to make hollow 3D chocolate shapes
- Learn the different types of chocolates and taste chocolates from all over the globe (including single origin chocolates)
- How to prepare cream or water based ganache
- How to hand roll chocolate truffles
- How to use professional dipping forks and other equipment
- How to enrobe, dip and roll your chocolate truffles
- How to decorate your chocolate using chocolate transfers
- Where to buy your chocolate and equipment for home chocolate making
What we typically make during the day
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Mould with 3D hollow shape (chocolate teapot, chocolate baubles, chocolate lightbulbs or similar)
- Chocolate Bars or Chocolate Medions topped with dried fruit & other toppings
- Chocolate Bars or Chocolate Medions decorated with chocolate transfers
- Flavoured Chocolate Thins
- Hands on Chocolate Making Course – whole day (usually 10- 4 pm – approx.)
- All materials and ingredients, use of all equipment and apron
- Light refreshments including tea or coffee, biscuits/snack bars (but please bring your own packed lunch)
- Plenty of chocolate tasting, including Origins Chocolate and chocolate around the world
- Course information pack
- Chocolate box and confectionary bags to take all your creations home
- Follow up business support is also available for anyone wishing to start their own chocolate making business from home
Course booking form
‘Amazing that it’s over a week since our chocolate making day with you. Firstly thank you for a great time, it was informative, educational and we believe we learnt a little of the art and skill of chocolate making. The time seemed to disappear so quickly. This can only be from your patience and deliverance of how to produce Truffles to the quality you required. The feedback we had from friends and colleagues was great. Comments such as ‘Wow!’, what a great taste, sumptuous, splendid flavour and they look so good!’
You will be happy to hear that the 2 boxes are still intact; we are saving them for Easter’.
Barrie & Claire, Bromley, South East London
‘Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me on the phone before the course. I wasn’t sure whether to book on this course as I wanted a professional chocolatier course, but I couldn’t find anything suitable in my area. This was far the best value for a one day course and I’ve learned so much! You’ve given me a solid foundations to start with my own chocolate making, so thank you so very much! ‘
‘I couldn’t quite believe how quickly the day went and how much we managed to learn in that time! You did say it was a good introduction chocolatier course, but I didn’t realised how much we will actually cover. I really enjoyed exploring the different chocolate flavours and experimenting with colouring the chocolate. I’ve never used professional chocolate moulds before and I was a bit worried how the final chocolates will turn out, since I was quite a messy and not as neat as I would like. But, they turn out perfectly!
Thank you for the wonderful hospitality – the lunch was lovely!
Bridget, Maidstone, Kent
‘Your chocolate making course was recommended to me by my friend who did the chocolate stilettos course (and she really enjoyed it!). I’ve tried to make chocolate truffles at home before, but I could never get them to set properly and they were always a bit misshapen. So, I was looking forward to learn how to make them properly. Thank you for being so patient with me and answering all my questions! I really appreciated it!
Also wanted to say, that appart from having a fabulous time during the course, me (and my family!) have enjoyed the chocolates we made during the session. There was so much to take home – we took the large box of truffles to a dinner party and everyone thought we bought them in a proper chocolate shop! They couldn’t quite believe that I’ve made them.
Doreen, Bexley, South East London