COURSE DATES 2022: Book your own date (just e-mail me with your availability to book)
TIME: 10-4 pm (or choose your start time)
COST: £245 for one person, £195 per person when booked for a group of 2 people, £175 per person when booked for a group of 3 people
GROUP SIZE: up to 3 students
SKILL LEVEL: Suitable for all
LOCATION: Bexleyheath, Kent – South East London Borders
HOW TO BOOK:
- Get in touch with your prefered dates and starting time and how many people you’d like to book for or use the booking form below
- We’ll find a mutually suitable date
- Payment is by card or via bank transfer (details will be included in the confirmation e-mail)
To have perfectly tempered chocolate is probably one of the trickiest parts of chocolate making.
In this Chocolate Tempering Course, we focus on how to temper chocolate using several different techniques and show you how to get the perfectly finished chocolate with the right sheen, colour and snap. Cocoa & Heart workshops are run in small groups to ensure plenty of one to one support from your tutor – Magdalena Marsden.
- You will temper your own batch of white, milk and dark chocolate
- How to temper chocolate in small batches using several techniques, including tempering on marble slab and by seeding method
- Learn how to test your chocolate to make sure your chocolate always comes out right
- Learn about the different types of chocolates and where to get the best chocolate to work with
- Learn how to ‘rescue’ your chocolate when things go wrong
- Learn how to recognise when chocolate is tempered well
- Use the tempered chocolate to create various chocolate treats – such as bars, solid chocolate figures, lollipops or medions.
- Learn how to use chocolate moulds
- Learn about the structure of chocolate and history of chocolate making
- What chocolate tempering equipment you actually need to temper your chocolate perfectly
- Learn the different types of chocolates and taste chocolates from all over the globe (including single origin chocolates)
- Hands on Chocolate Tempering Course – a whole day
- The use of all equipment and apron
- All ingredients
- Light lunch, refreshments and plenty of chocolate tasting
- Everything you make on the day, wrapped and beautifully presented in confectionery bags tied with ribbons.
- Information pack together with suppliers lists
‘I have always struggled with tempering my chocolate and never really understood why sometimes it comes out fine and sometimes it’s complete disaster.I’m so glad that I booked on your course, Magdalena, because I finally learned how to temper my chocolate and now I even understand how to correct it when things go wrong. Since attending your workshop last week, I already created perfect chocolate lollipops for our daughter’s birthday party. People were surprised when I told them I made them myself! That made my day!
Sarah, East Grinstead, East Sussex
I’ve recently started to make chocolate treats for local charity markets, but I could never get my chocolate tempering quite right. My husband bought me your course as a birthday gift, because he knew how disappointed I was after my last market when everything bloomed in the cellophane bags during the day.
I really enjoyed your course, Magdalena, you are so knowledgeable and your enthusiasm about chocolate is very catching! I came away inspired, full of ideas for my next chocolate makes and determined never to be defeated by the chocolate again!
‘Great chocolate tempering course! I thought I could work out how to temper chocolate myself – I mean how hard can it be to melt down a bit of chocolate! But golly, how wrong was I? After several batches, when I was getting different results every time and couldn’t quite work out what went wrong, I booked myself on your course. I wish I’ve done that straightaway, as I could have saved myself a lot of time and some badly bloomed and burned chocolate.
Jeremy, Folkestone, Kent
‘I actually booked this chocolate tempering course, because I work in a catering and wanted to add chocolate work to my skills. We are always so busy at work and I don’t have the time to practise anything new. The day has given me a really good foundation to carry on experimenting with chocolate and more importantly not be scared if something goes wrong!
‘I work in a fairly pressured job and for a while I’ve been looking at what else I can do with my life, that doesn’t just involves sitting at the computer desk all day. I’ve started to make chocolates already before I attended your course, but found that I never achieved the consistency that I needed to make my chocolates presentable. Now, I actually understand the technical side of chocolate tempering I know what to look for when I make a mistake. Thank you, Magdalena for showing me the right way to temper my chocolate!’
Josephine, Bromley, London