COURSE DATES – Choose your own date
TIME: 10-4 pm
COST: £225 for one person or £195 per person when booked for a group of 2, £175 per person when booked for a group of 3 students
GROUP SIZE: up to 3 students
SKILL LEVEL: Suitable for all
LOCATION: Bexleyheath, Kent – South East London borders
HOW TO BOOK:
- Get in touch with your prefered dates and starting time and how many people you’d like to book for
- We’ll find a mutually suitable date
- Payment is by card or via bank transfer (details will be included in the confirmation e-mail)
This Chocolate Truffles, Pralines & Ganache Making Course is a whole day chocolate masterclass, which is a comprehensive introduction to chocolate truffle making and is suitable for anyone who wants to know more about how to make chocolate truffles at home using professional equipment and ingredients.
This truffle making class includes lots of chocolate techniques demonstrations, but it’s also very much ‘hands on’ as you will decide your own ganashe flavours, the type of chocolate you wish to work with and of course make your own chocolate truffles step by step using a selection of chocolate moulds.
This chocolate course is very busy as we focus on the art of chocolate truffles and pralines and because of that we won’t be covering chocolate tempering – your chocolate will be already tempered for you.
This truffle making class is our most indept course on this subject and it perfect for all budding chocolatiers.
- How to prepare fresh cream, fruit or water based ganache
- How to develop your ganache flavour and what combinations are the best
- How to hand roll chocolate truffles
- How to use professional chocolate truffles shells
- How to pipe your chocolate ganache to achieve a different styles of finished chocolates
- How to use professional dipping forks and other equipment
- How to enrobe, dip and roll your chocolate truffles
- How to make layered chocolate truffles and pralines, including gianduja, marcipan, caramel and fruit base
- How to use nut products and other inclusions in your chocolate truffles & pralines
- How to cover & dip square chocolates
- How to decorate your chocolate using chocolate transfers
- How to decorate your chocolates using dipping forks and edible decorations
- How to use decorative cocoa powders, colourful cocoa butter and edible gold to decorate your chocolate truffles and pralines
- How to use chocolate moulds to create colourful & filled chocolates
- Where to buy your chocolate and equipment for home chocolate making
- How to make simple chocolate truffles at home without any special equipment or specialist chocolate
- How to wrap and store your chocolate truffles
- Hands on Chocolate Truffles, Pralines & Ganache Making Course – whole day 10-4 pm
- All materials and ingredients, use of all equipment and apron
- Light refreshments – tea or coffee, light lunch and homebaked cake
- Plenty of chocolate tasting, including Origins Chocolate, our own freshly made chocolate truffles and chocolates around the world
- Course information pack with recipes and chocolate making tips
- A large box & carry bag to take your creations home in
- About 80 -100 perfectly finished chocolate truffles or more
Thank you so much for arranging the chocolate truffle course for me and my family. I’ve always wanted to learn more about the different flavours I could make and the different chocolate truffle finishes. I’ve never used proper chocolate moulds before and that definitely wasn’t easy! You make it look far too easy, but thank you so much for being patient with me. The lunch was great too and thank you for getting gluten-free bread for my dad, that was really thoughtful.
Amanda, Sevenoaks, Kent
Thank you for fitting me in to your busy schedule, I really appreciate that! I wanted to thank you for the chocolate praline course I did with you last week and just to say that my family loved the new truffle flavours we’ve come up with during the day. I posted the pictures on my Facebook and already had people asking me, when the new chocolate truffles will be available for sale.
Thank you, Magdalena for helping me to sort out my problems with cocoa butter tempering and chocolate moulds colouring. I was really struggling to produce consistent chocolate truffles for my customers and it was getting a bit embarrassing – having to constantly apologise for not so perfect finish. I’ve been practising after the course and I’m happy to say, that whilst I still have (only on occasion !) some imperfections on my chocolate truffles, most of them are coming out brilliantly. What’s more the customers loved my improved flavours and the chocolate you’ve recommended!